First problem (of many to come)

In game design, like in all design, the designers come across design problems (design). Today, I thought I’d be extra productive, so I built an upgrade system for the base to test, film and upload to the blog for all to see. Unfortunately, after building my game, it decided to delete everything I’d made so far, except for my scripts.

Image

The first build was merely a setback!

This isn’t as disastrous as it sounds, but it has set me back a few hours at least. Luckily, since my scripts are safe and snug inside the asset folder, I can reassemble everything the way it was (more or less) and get it functional again. It’s also taught me an important lesson I learn every time this sort of  happens – I need to back up my work a lot more frequently. At the moment, I tend to back it up never, which might not be often enough.

Advertisements

Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: